Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Memory: Weekly Writing Prompt:


Anytime a season changes, I feel it in my memory.  A warm day will bring up thoughts of beach days spent at Edisto.  A cool day always takes me right back to the first day of school.  As summer rolls into Charleston this year and I begin to remember, I can’t help but think of my state of affairs last year.  Pregnant.  About this time, I had to stop flying and I was gearing up for a very hot season. 
Last summer was full of changes along with some worry and a lot of discomfort.  (I won’t go into details, but carpel tunnel!  Who knew that could even happen?)  But you know what, I loved it.  Pregnancy is the perfect example for “So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.”  Galatians 6:9
This summer is gearing up to be the best one yet!  I’m sixty pounds lighter and get to chase around the cutest baby on the beach. (And I’m so thankful he’s still slow enough to catch.)


***Please help me grow my blog following (and enter to win first giveaway.)
 This post is a link up with Voices: Write to be Heard.  Come Join us for a writing  prompt  
 every Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Last night's memory came in the smell of dirt - new house next door and they brought in 20 loads of fresh "old" dirt and I remembered as a child playing in the dirt around our new home; and then as an adult building a home and then the planting in the dirt!
    As I read your post one line ends with "I'm sixty.." and continues "pounds lighter" but I just stopped at "I'm sixty" and am working on: “So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.” Galatians 6:9

    Have a blessed Sunday - worship!!! Cannot wait - and after Love Comes Down on Wednesday night at LP, I was told we are doing it today in Manning - whoohoo!! Love and prayers, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. I am so thankful for your support. I know ya'll had an awesome time in Manning.
    Abbie

    ReplyDelete