Well, I finally did it. I sat down and typed out some goals for 2013. I know it may seem a little late in the year to get started, but I only had one goal between January 1 and March 25: have a healthy baby. After I met that goal, my mind was free to make a few more goals for the rest of the year.
Once I realized these goals are for ME, I decided if I want to map out my goals for the year in April, that’s great. I can do what I want with my goals, right? I tried to set a mixture of fun, easy goals and harder goals that will take some work and scary goals that make me a little nervous.
Can I share my goals with you?
1) Sell a piece of writing- last year I was published for the first time, but this year I want to be paid for my writing.
2) Grow blog to 250 followers-I know it’s not all about the numbers, but every time I gain a new follower, I feel like I’ve really made a connection.
3) Publish 75 blog posts- So I did the math and I needed to blog twice a week to hit this goal. That was before the laptop got pulled onto floor and I wasn’t able to write for a week or so. I’m playing catch up on this one already.
4) Read one book a week- I would love to have you join me in this challenge because this goal is my favorite. I jumped right in and started reading three books at once, so I haven’t finished any but soon I’ll have three done for the year.
5) Attend a Writer’s Conference-Last year I had a great time at the very first Influence Conference, but this year I want to become more serious about the art of writing.
6) Create a Book Proposal-This is the scary one. I’ll keep you posted.
Have you set any goals for 2013? It’s not too late.