Monday, August 12, 2013

The New Goal and a Book Update

Almost four weeks ago, I signed up to be a part of an experiment. To join the 24 day adventure, I needed to define a goal to work on. I was asked to pick something I felt like I should do, but was too afraid to actually attempt.  I wrote a whole blog post on my goal, because even scarier than trying to do something really cool, is telling your friends you’re going to try to do something really cool. A private failure is much easier to swallow than a public failure.   

On day four, my goal changed from “write a book proposal” to “write an eBook.”  And I did.  I wrote a whole (short) book.  The edits are almost finished.  The cover is finished.  (Thank you, ERO Design and Media.)  It will be available on Amazon in the next week or so.  I’ll let y’all know.

Jon Acuff, the mastermind behind the Start Experiment has issued another challenge and asked us to pick another goal for the next 24 days.  I immediately thought of the piles of baby clothes scattered around my house. 

Too big baby girl.  Too small baby girl.  Too big baby boy.  Too small baby boy.

I thought that would be the perfect goal: organize the clothes!  Not scary at all, right? And that was the problem.  A not scary goal is kinda cheating in the Start Challenge.  
Scary goal: Finish book.  Publish book. Sell 1,000 copies of book.  

The eBook, Looking Skyward: Turn Your Flight Attendant Goal Into Reality, will o be available for Kindle through Amazon and Amazon is big on reviews.  If you would be willing to read my (short) eBook and leave a review on Amazon, I would like to send you a copy of the book.  Send me an email (abbie.unger@gmail.com) or leave me a comment if you would like to participate.   

This is such an exciting thing for me.  Thank you for being so excited with me.    

2 comments:

  1. I would love to read it! My email address is pm2025@sccoast.net

    ReplyDelete