Sunday, October 6, 2013

Giver of Dreams, Grantor of Dreams



Living at Edisto is a dream come true for Jason and me.  The funny thing about dreams is, no two are the same.  Your dream could be to live in a far off country or it could be a job or maybe you’re dreaming of a house.  Everyone’s dreams are different.
A few days after we decided we were going to go for broke and move out here, I was spending time with the Lord and just gushing about how I couldn’t believe this dream was going to become a reality.  I was going on and on about how much I had always wanted to move to Edisto, and I never thought it would happen so soon.  I told Him how perfect the condo layout was for our family and how happy I was to have all three bedrooms close together. I was almost unable to express my joy about the whole situation.    
“You know I’m the Giver of dreams, not just the Grantor, right?”
The question was suddenly on my spirit and it stopped me.  There I was telling the all knowing, Creator of the universe about my hidden dreams as if they had been hidden from Him. He is the one that gives me the dreams when I am dreaming about them and He is the one who grants the dreams when they become reality.
It’s not that God didn’t want to hear me go on and on about how happy I was and how amazing this opportunity is, but He wanted to reassure me that all the dreams I’m still holding close and keeping hidden are gifts from Him, too. All my dreams are God given but the timing’s up to Him. 

 Ps. 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment