Saturday, March 31, 2012

The dip with no name......


     Here’s the dip recipe from my last post.  It was so easy (and inexpensive maybe $4 total).  When we opened the can of tomatoes and poured them over the cream cheese, my mom took one look into the bowl and said, “I don’t know if this is going to work.”  I still had faith in my new “modified” recipe. But then again,  I tend to play is fast and loose with recipes and my mom is more careful when she is following directions.  Can you guess which one of us is the better cook?  Maybe that’s why Jason prefers frozen pizza?   Hmmm something to think about. 

Untitled Dip (ideas anyone?)
1 block cream cheese
1 can Ro*tel  (tomatoes and diced green chilies)
1 bag of tortilla chips

Pour both ingredients into a microwave safe dish.  Heat for one minute.  Stir.  Heat for one minute.  Stir. Heat for one minute.  Stir.  Heat for one minute.  Beat with a hand held mixer.  Heat for one minute.  Stir.  It should be all melted and combined.  I did this part at home and reheated it at the church.  I served it in a baby crock-pot, but it kind of started to dry out after awhile and would be good in a dip bowl.  Serve with tortilla chips.  I would say this makes at least 20 appetizer size servings.  You could easily add browned ground beef or sausage to make this a hardier dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment