Thursday, May 10, 2012

Giving Up on Shampoo

Ok, so I’m participating in another blog link up.  This one is a little different.  It comes with an assignment to “confess” something that is generally considered to be "good" that you have given up to make room for something else.  Hopefully something better.  As a new mama, lots of things have fallen by the wayside.  Jessi and her posse are getting us all together so we can say to each other, “It’s ok you don’t shower because your children are loved and smiling.”   
So here goes mine.  I don’t wash my hair.  Now, I do bathe every day (or two) but I don’t wash my hair every time.  I wish I could blame this completely on motherhood, but I have never been very faithful to keeping my hair clean.  When I was I flight attendant I would work four day trips.  I avoided washing my hair on the road.  Tiny shampoo bottles, cheap wall mounted hairdryers.  I would much rather watch Bravo.  Since Ty came along, my twice a week shampooing has become a thing of the past.  It’s more like every 7 to 10 days. 
There are a couple reasons for this decrease in hair washing:
1)      I don’t really go anywhere
2)      It doesn’t matter to Ty and I like to do things that matter to him
3)      It take forever to dry and fix it
4)      If I don’t dry and fix it, it is crazy wavy/curly
5)      I would rather take a bath than a shower
6)      I don’t always have time to wash my hair and shave my legs (it’s summer…legs win)
But sometimes I do get to shut the bathroom door and take a long shower without a baby monitor to listen out for.  I wash my hair and shave my legs.  And it feels like a trip to the spa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment