Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another Post about the Bra Drive


 
Today is a big day for me.  As a stay at home mom, I don’t get many opportunities to plan something that will benefit people outside my little family and see it come to life.  I mean I see my dinner plans “come to life” most nights, but I don’t usually get a huge sense of satisfaction from frozen pizza or pot roast.  (Okay, maybe from pot roast but how often do you think that’s on the menu?)
The Ladies Night Bra Drive is tonight and we are in the home stretch.  I have been overwhelmed with the response.  Juggling generosity.  I never thought that would be the hardest part, coordinating all the giving.  It is so encouraging to see how willing people are to help others who are hurting and in need.
I know not everyone will be able to join us tonight and I have a request for y’all.  Please pray.  Pray for those of us who will be running around at 3:30 putting the finishing touches on everything.  Pray for the women (and men) who are donating: bras, money, prizes, time.  Pray for Free the Girls.  
And most of all pray for the rescued.  I have tried to keep them in the forefront of my mind during this process, but to be honest, they have slipped to the back burner more than once.  Please join me in praying for the women who will be receiving these bras.  I know we are making a difference, but the good we are doing is such a small part of the problem and it is going to take the Hand of God to change things.  But we can pray. 


 PS Have a blog?  You can still join the drive.  Learn more here.



             





 

No comments:

Post a Comment