Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Failed the #31Days Challenge



I’m in the middle of a 31 day blogging challenge and technically, I’m not doing so hot.  I’ve already missed several days. And to be honest with you, I haven’t been happy with some of the content I’ve posted. 
But here’s the good news.  Even though the challenge doesn’t look like a success on the surface, it has been a good experiment because I learned two major things.
1)      I can’t produce un-ending amounts of thoughtful, touching and brilliant content based on a calendar.  There are times I have so much growing and changing happening in my life that sharing from my heart isn’t forced or faked. But those times have to be organic cannot be artificially created by attempting to blog everyday in October. I’m also starting to feel a sense of responsibility to you, my reader. I know the internet is full of blogs, so if you choose to take the time to read mine and then take even more time to comment, I owe it to you to write sometime worth reading.  I owe it to you to share something because it’s real and meaningful to me, not because I have to post something. 

2)      I’ve come a long way in the grace giving department.  I named my daughter Emily Grace because grace is a tough one for me. I’m really bad at giving grace. I’m too hard on myself. I tend to focus on the things that aren’t perfect instead of focusing on the things that are important. Then I go and fail the silly 31 day blog challenge…well, more than failing, I’m quitting.  I’ve decided the challenge wasn’t right for me.  I could have continued to attempt to post something, anything so I could “win” or I could take a step back and look at my abilities and my goals.  Based on the place I’m at and the place I want to go, the challenge just didn’t fit right now.

I still love the idea of the #31day link up and there are some amazing blogs killing it over at The Nesting Place, so check ‘um out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for being honest and true to yourself! These challenges can be good but are not helpful to us if we find ourselves under too much pressure or trying to conform to be something we're not.

    May your writing and blog continue to be blessed.

    Thanks for linking up at Essential Fridays.

    Blessings

    Mel from Essential Thing Devotions & Connect With God

    ReplyDelete