Friday, October 5, 2012

Taking the Plunge


For the last year I have been a full time, stay at home mom.  Well, I’ve worked in the children’s ministry up at the church a little, but I have really tried to just be a mommy.  I have to tell you, this has been hard.  Harder than I expected.  Several times I almost started a business or an Esty shop, but every time, I pulled back at the last minute.  I would start to feel uneasy and once I took a step back and refocused on my top priorities, I would decide, again, to just be a mommy. 
Last week that changed.  I decided to become a PartyLite consultant.  You know, the candle company that does home parties.  I love candles and I love people, so this seemed like a good fit. 
I’m a little bit of a candle snob.  I like nice candles.  I know they can be expensive, but I think a little higher cost is worth it for a strong smelling, clean burning, lead-free wick, made in the USA candle!  Before I took the plunge into PartyLite, I wanted to make sure their candles were “up to snuff.”  And they are.
I’m now a momtrepreneur.  Working on balance.  Hustling PartyLite and trying to remember I’ve decided to measure my success in baby smiles not candle sales. 



PS I have my own website now!  Lots of stuff on sale.  Check it out www.partylite.biz/abbieunger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment