Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Winner, Winner of a Chicken Dinner

Come November, I can tell you who won’t be meeting Dave Ramsey.  

Me and Jason.  

I wasn’t the big winner.  I walked away with a new book, movie tickets, baseball tickets and a gift certificate to The Kickin’ Chicken.  Not a bad haul.  I met a couple of local radio personalities and had a good time chatting with Kelly Golden from the morning show.  

I ate a couple of fried pickles that were amazing. 

I’m trying to look on the bright side and be thankful for the experience but, I’m really sad I didn’t win. It may sound silly, but this was a heartbreaking loss for me, complete with alligator tears in the parking lot after the contest. I don’t know why, but I just knew I was going to win the big prize. I didn’t even plan anything for dinner because we would go out and celebrate.
  
And then I lost and it made me so sad I knew all these feelings couldn’t just be about the prize.  (I didn’t win a trip to Greenville, not Paris.) The soul searching began.
Why didn’t we win.  No one has more respect for Dave Ramsey.  No one could possibly deserve it more.  Why not us?
 
They needed it more.  This thought crossed my mind and it brought me peace.  So I’m choosing to believe it.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment